07 Jul TOFU VEGAN CHOCOLATE ICE CREAM
Made with silken tofu, dairy-free chocolate chips, and a few other simple ingredients, this frozen dessert is a perfect choice for those with dietary restrictions or anyone looking for a luscious plant-based option. Let’s dive into the step-by-step process of creating this delicious dairy-free ice cream.
- 350ml of dairy-free semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 350ml of silken tofu
- 1 Tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 250ml soy milk
- 500gm vegan chocolate
- Generous pinch of salt, to taste
- Put the silken tofu in a blender and process until very smooth.
- Add melted vegan chocolate and blend until well combined. Stop and wipe down the sides of the blender with a spatula, as needed.
- Add the soy milk, vanilla extract, and salt. Puree until smooth.
- Remove from the blender. Cover the chocolate mixture and let it chill in the refrigerator for a minimum of 1 hr.
- Take the mixture out of the fridge, and pour it into an ice cream maker. Churn your ice cream according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Enjoy your dairy-free ice cream immediately as a soft-serve texture. For hard ice cream, pack it into a freezer-safe container and place in the freezer until it becomes solid.
Now you’re ready to relish the fruits of your labor—a delectable dairy-free chocolate ice cream that’s sure to please your taste buds. So go ahead, savor each creamy spoonful of this homemade delight and revel in the joy of guilt-free indulgence.